On days like these, I crave soups, stews and chilis. Paired with some saltines or chips and sharp bar cheese slices, they can make any gloomy day better.
My husband has always talked about his Mom’s Taco Soup. So, while living with them until our hosue was finished, my mother-in-law shared the recipe with me. It has now made a spot in my “recipe rotation” and occupying my slow cooker at this moment! So quick and easy!
Now, I will share it with you!
- 1 pound mild sausage, browned & drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilis, (28-ounces)
- 1 can corn, undrained, (15 1/4-ounces)
- 1 can black beans, undrained, (15-ounces)
- 1 envelope dry Ranch Dressing mix
- 1 envelope dry taco seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Tortilla, or corn, chips
- Shredded cheese of your choice
- Sour cream
- Combine all ingredients except chips, shredded cheese, and sour cream in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
- Garnish individual servings with chips, cheese, and sour cream.
Check it out on my PepperPlate for Print Friendly options! Taco Soup