It is play-off time here in the South! The SEC Championship is this weekend, Bama v. Georgia — As if we need another reason to eat during the holiday season!
So, if you are headed to a buddy’s house to watch these two teams battle it out on the grid iron and need something to take with you, take a look at these easy, no-bake and fairly cheap appetizers!
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 3 bunches of green onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 ounces zesty Italian dressing
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black-eyed peas, drained
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
1. Get it together!
2. Chop and dice!
3. Mix it all up….
4. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and enjoy! (This is phenomenal with the Tostitos Hint of Jalapeno Tortilla chips)
Yummy Cream Cheese Pinwheels (Recipe courtesy of my MawMaw Faye, Thanks!!0
- 10 medium, soft, flour tortillas
- 1 package fiesta ranch dip mix
- 1 bar of cream cheese
- 1 small can of chopped black olives
- Gather your stuff!
2. Chop your olives when you realize you bought sliced by accident.
***Skip to #3 if you double check what you grab from the grocery shelf***
3. Mix cream cheese, ranch mix and black olives together until smooth.
4. Spread about 2 tablespoons of mixture onto each tortilla. (Avoid the edge)
5. Roll it up!
6. Cut off the very ends of the roll up and discard those two pieces. Slice the remainder of the roll up into 5 pinwheels.
(You can always put a piece of sliced meat of your choosing before rolling themn up to make these more filling!)
What are your favorite game day goodies??