Ever since I became a couch potato loving wife and mommy, I have watched more television than I did in my previous childhood and single life, combined. And, of course, like almost every other human being out there, I have my reality shows that I watch. Luckily, the Hubby will watch them with me since we don’t have a dvr.
Monday nights are reserved for the Bachelor or Bachelorette.
Image Source: TopReasonsToLoveTheBachelor
Emily Maynard’s season of The Bachelorette premiered last Monday. And, of course we were glued to the television. The Hubby and I were, for the most part, avid fans of Emily during her time on Brad Womack’s The Bachelor show. We are suckers for other southern peeps. However, I do hope that more of her personality shows through on this season. She is a sweet girl that states that she is full of sass and not boring…well let’s see it then, girl!
I digress…on to a quick recap and my opinion (‘cause I know you want it) J
The show is kicking things off in Emily’s hometown of Charlotte, NC. Emily sat down with Chris Harris to talk about the new season and what she is looking to get out of it. Keith and I noticed that Chris was a little more “relaxed” with Emily. However, on his blog, Chris talks about how relaxed and “vulnerable” Emily was with him. Hmmm…I thought we might be reading in to this more than we should, until I discovered that Chris and his wife of over a decade have filed for a divorce. Interesting…
On to the guys…
Here is the list of the 25 guys and their ABC supplied bios:
– Aaron, a 36-year-old biology teacher from Long Beach, CA
– Alessandro, a 30-year-old grain merchant from St. Paul, MN
– Alejandro, a 25-year-old mushroom farmer from San Francisco, CA
– Arie, a 30-year-old race car driver from Scottsdale, AZ
– Brent, a 41-year-old technology salesman from Fresno, CA
– Charlie, a 32-year-old recruiter from Nashville, TN
– Chris, a 25-year-old corporate sales director from Chicago, IL
– David, a 33-year-old singer and songwriter from New York, NY
– Doug, a 33-year-old real estate agent from Seattle, WA
– Jackson, a 29-year-old fitness model from Lockport, IL
– Jean-Paul, a 35-year-old marine biologist from Seattle, WA
– Jef, a 27-year-old entrepreneur from Salt Lake City, UT
– Joe, a 27-year-old field energy advisor from Los Angeles, CA
– John “Wolf,” a 30-year-old data destruction specialist from St. Louis, MO
– Kalon, a 27-year-old luxury brand consultant from Houston, TX
– Kyle, a 29-year-old financial advisor from Long Beach, CA
– Lerone, a 29-year-old real estate consultant from Los Angeles, CA
– Michael, a 26-year-old rehab counselor from Austin, TX
– Nate, a 25-year-old accountant from Los Angeles, CA
– Randy, a 30-year-old marketing manager from Hermosa Beach, CA
– Ryan, a 31-year-old pro sports trainer from Augusta, GA
– Sean, a 28-year-old insurance agent from Dallas, TX
– Stevie, a 26-year-old party MC from Staten Island, NJ
– Tony, a 31-year-old lumber trader from Beaverton, OR
– Travis, a 30-year-old advertising sales representative from Madison, MS
The ones that didn’t make the cut were Brent, David, Jackson, Jean-Paul, Lerone and Randy.
I kind of liked Brent. But oh well, I’m not picking…
My Favorites – Top 5 (in no particular order)
2. Charlie (Hey, his ‘friend’ plays for the Atlanta Braves)
4. Ryan (Southern Boy Brownie Points)
And, as of now, the Hubby agrees. That will change, I am sure.
Looking forward to quality couch time tonight for the second week! After some good home cooked chicken stew and cornbread, that is!
And just because I’m interested to see what others think…
More next week!